Monday 5 June 2017

Two Ride Catch Up.

Not a lot to report from down here in sunny Cornwall really, at least, not from me. It's been a mixed week or more health wise, the usual ups and downs, but I did manage to get two rides in, although I didn't take many photos on either occasion.

The calendar has turned another page though and we're now in June, which seems crazy to me. It feels like only yesterday it was winter still. Must be getting old, they say the years fly by as you get older, it'll be Christmas in a few days time then...

Nothing much to report means nothing much to say as inspiration has deserted me, so I'll just lob a few photos up from the rides, waffle a bit in the captions, and leave it there I think.

Tuesday, 30th May.

Straight in with a blurry upload. Great.
The trees are now all in full leaf and everywhere is looking very green and lush, with the verges and hedges also having exploded with growth recently. Colour is lacking though, compared to previous rides, as a lot of the wild flowers have thinned out. The main impression on this short ride was the humid feel to the day, something that's not easy to show in photos of course, well, for me it isn't anyway. I did try with this shot though, by fishing out the telephoto and the DSLR and going for an enclosing feel by not including much sky, and then adding a slight vignette in post processing.

I had a mooch up Bodrean Lane, off Tregassow Lane, and came across a sheep with its head stuck through the fence, and making an awful noise. Trying to push its bonce back through the fence saw the dimwitted beast trying to charge and butt me, but one hand on it's chin, other hand on its forehead and a quick twist and push saw it free again. It may have been stuck there for some while as it was clearly very poorly, and just lay down where it was rather than running off, but hopefully it was ok.

Nice tight beading on a clean bike.
The forecast on the Met Office web site said there was a less than 5% chance of precipitation, but I found some, of course. In fairness though, it was just drizzle, so didn't spoil the ride or anything drastic.

Thursday, 1st June.

Mum and offspring giving me the hard stare.
Friesians I've always found to be curious and friendly beasts, coming over to check me out and have their foreheads rubbed whenever I've encountered them.
This lot though just stop whatever they're doing, chewing mostly, and stare. Most rude. After a short while though, one adult started bellowing at me, then another joined in, then another, and pretty quickly there was a heck of a din as the adults all had a good shout at me, so I beggared off quick before the farmer came to see what the matter was or something. Flipping cows making me feel awkward and unwelcome like that, what is the world coming to?

Fatso was also clean and shiny after a good scrub up recently.
Thursday morning saw me head off into Idless Woods again for the first coffee of the day.


I hadn't seen these Nescafe Toffee Nut Latte sachets before, so had to give them a go.
As expected, they provide quite a sweet drink, but a very tasty one all the same. At home I pretty much drink only filter coffee done with my Aeropress, but can't be doing with all that faff when out on a ride, so I use the various three in one sachets that are available and quite enjoy them when out and about to be honest.
I didn't take many photos at all on this ride either, but did enjoy a peaceful half hour or so beside the river in the woods, listening to the water trickling past. A great way to start the day.

There's a bit of wall rebuilding going on in the lane that skirts around the Easterly edge of Idless Woods. Always good to see the old methods and skills of hedge laying and wall building used rather than the much easier erecting of some ghastly wire fence.

So that's that really. Hopefully I'll be getting out and poking about somewhere again soon.


------------------ 

No comments:

Post a Comment